Microsoft has produced a simple and useful guide to help you improve the performance of Vista on your computer. Moreover it’s a free download!
Windows Vista Performance and Tuning Overview
“Windows Vista and SP1 focus on delivering greater performance and overall system responsiveness by striking a balance between speed and responsiveness. This guide looks at the following areas of performance improvement:”
• Changes that help your computer feel more responsive.
• Using hardware to boost your computer’s memory.
• Making changes that help your computer to start much faster.
• Making the computer more reliable and help increase performance.
• Monitoring performance to prevent problems.
Download The Guide
You can download this easily understood and clearly laid out 14-page PDF document directly from Microsoft by visiting → this page.